I picked up this Freestyle Writing Challenge from Uju and the topic
piqued my curiosity heck I needed to write something.
Tell us about something out of character
Reading Time: 2 Minutes
Word count: 282
I don’t know when it started, I cannot remember precisely how it begun.
I believe it started around the time I bought my first Android. I stumbled upon a PDF document on Metaphysics, and I’ve been hooked since then.
Looking back, I think it was placed on my path. Reading those Metaphysical books have put a hunger for more within me, but it cannot fill this hunger.
Mind fascinates me, Man fascinates me. The latent powers in man fill my waking thought, I’ve read in various places that there is a latent and dormant power lying still within Man.
Waiting for him to realize his divinity, and thus unleash their powers in his world by making and turning his situations into ideal things and places.
I’m attracted to Mind, and its powers to shape man and his destiny.
Making his desires, goals and dreams a reality for him to grasp and hold.
We were made this way, and thinking along these lines makes me question the way religion has been and is being touted. For man to rely on some other entity outside himself for the fulfillment of his ideals.
It just confuses me sometimes. Nevertheless, God exists, He is as real as the air I breathe.
But I do not believe in waiting for Him to swoop in and rescue me, I Believe He has already perfected everything about me .
By placing these latent ideals, powers, purposes within me.
Now it is left for me to unearth them, either one after the other.
Or through a realization that I am all I need to make my life everything I need and want it to be.
Amen! I believe in God.
1. Open a blank document.
2. Set a stopwatch timer to 5 or 10 minutes, whichever length you prefer.
3. Your topic is at the foot of
this post BUT DO NOT SCROLL
DOWN TO SEE IT UNTIL YOU
ARE READY WITH YOUR
4. Once you start writing do not stop until the alarm sounds! Do not cheat by going back to correct your spelling and grammar using spell check (it is only meant for you to reflect on your own control of sensible thought flow and for you to reflect on your ability to write with correct spelling and grammar.)
5. You may or may not pay attention to punctuation or capitals
6. At the end of your post write down the number of words to give an idea of how much you can write within the time Frame.
7. Put the whole document onto your post and nominate 3-5 others and give them a new topic. Remember to copy paste the rules in!
If you’re reading this and want to partake, please do.
What do you find most fascinating about the city where you live?
Thanks for reading. I’ll like to hear your thoughts on this.